Based in Edmonton, AB
April 11, 2017
March 28, 2017 - 2pm PDT
Press / Business contact:
PC, Mac, Linux - USD $19.99
Android, iOS - USD $9.99
Soundtrack (Steam and Beamdog): $9.99
Beamdog brings modern features to yet another classic isometric RPG in Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition. Uncover secrets of past lives in this story-rich, tactical roleplaying game set in Sigil, a dark fantasy city at the heart of the Dungeons & Dragons multiverse. Explore the planes, survive combat alongside a party of unique companions, and solve puzzles unlike any ever seen in the genre. The original Planescape: Torment was released in 1999 to widespread critical acclaim. It won RPG of the Year from multiple outlets for its unconventional story, characters, and amazing soundtrack. Since then, millions of Planescape: Torment fans have enjoyed exploring the strange and dangerous city of Sigil and surrounding planes through the Nameless One's eyes.
Beamdog has partnered with Chris Avellone, Lead Designer on the original Planescape: Torment, to curate Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition and update it with modern features to share with a new generation of role playing fans. "Beamdog has worked hard to ensure the feel and tone of the Enhanced Edition matches the original game. At the same time, they've also taken advantage of current generation technology to allow for improvements to the interface and feel - it's the best way to play Planescape: Torment, hands-down."
Discover an incredibly rich story and a unique setting unlike anything else in fantasy. Defeat strange and alien creatures, engage in rich dialogue, and explore the dark and dangerous Planescape setting in this 50+ hour RPG classic.This is Planescape: Torment like you’ve never seen before.
"What can change the nature of a man?"
You are the Nameless One, a hulking figure covered in scars and tattoos collected over the course of countless lives—none of which you can remember, but are now coming back to haunt you. You are prodded awake by Morte, a floating skull and keeper of secrets, to embark on an adventure taking the Nameless One from the dirty streets of Sigil into the mysterious Outer Planes and even into the depths of Hell itself.
Portals riddle the planar metropolis of Sigil, providing access to anywhere in existence, but only if you have the proper key. Known as the "City of Doors," Sigil is a neutral ground where demons, devas, and races from across the multiverse gather under the watchful shadow of the Lady of Pain, the city's enigmatic ruler. This is a place where the word is mightier than the sword, where thought defines reality, and belief has the power to reshape worlds.
In your search for answers, you'll find companions matching the strange nature of the planes: a chaste succubus who can kill with a kiss, a confused crossbow-wielding cube, a suit of armor animated by a spirit demanding JUSTICE, and more. With these companions and others at the Nameless One’s side, you will explore worlds in search of answers, all to discover that some destinies cannot be escaped and some memories cost more than even an immortal can bear.
- Enhanced Planescape: Chris Avellone, Lead Designer on Planescape Torment, has partnered with Beamdog to curate gameplay updates, bug fixes, and enhancements to best capture his original vision for the game.
- The Planes Await: Planescape is a setting you've never experienced before, filled with strange magics, unique adversaries, and Dungeons & Dragons locations from across the multiverse.
- Conversations to Remember: Encounter personable items, philosophic undead, and rat hiveminds while walking the planes with the strangest collection of allies ever seen in an RPG.
- Pick Your Path: Character creation is just the beginning. The Nameless One can change his class, alignment, and even gain new abilities based on your choices.
- Remastered Music: The full Planescape: Torment soundtrack has been remastered in-game to add more depth to Sigil and the multiverse.
- 4K Interface: Sigil has never looked this good! The interface of Planescape: Torment has been rebuilt in high-definition with tons of new convenience features.
- A Planescape For Today: The Enhanced Edition includes modern features such as tab highlighting, area zooming, combat log, quickloot, and more!
- Play It Your Way: Enable Enhanced Edition features as you desire or turn them off to experience Planescape: Torment in its original glory.
- Cast Comprehend Languages: Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition is available in English, French, Polish, German, and Korean. Note: Korean translations are text only. Korean voice-overs are played in English.
Planescape: Torment was released in 1999 by Black Isle Studios and quickly became one of the best reviewed RPGs of all time. It was one of the first RPG’s to use BioWare’s Infinity Engine and features a Planescape-modified version of the Dungeon & Dragons rules. Planescape: Torment was widely praised both for its ingenious writing as well as its inversion of tropes common to RPG’s and fantasy tales. In the years since its release, Planescape: Torment has maintained its status as a true classic with many fans still holding it up as a masterpiece of the genre. Beamdog, the team behind Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition, and Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear is excited to breathe new life into Planescape: Torment to help it find appreciation with the next generation of Dungeons & Dragons fans.
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Launch Trailer YouTube
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Tablet Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Founded in 2009 by Bioware co-founder Trent Oster and former Bioware lead programmer Cameron Tofer, Beamdog's mission is to create deep, rich stories where players direct their hero's journey. With extensive experience working on the original Baldur's Gate titles and Neverwinter Nights series, coming back to the Infinity Engine just made sense. Since the release of Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition in 2012, we have worked to take classic RPGs and bring them into a contemporary era, replete with new functionality, content and accessibility across a wide variety of platforms including Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android. Beamdog's main offices are in Edmonton, Alberta; many of our employees are also scattered across the globe, in locations throughout the United States and as far away as Australia, Russia, and the UK.
The website for PST:EE is available at http://www.planescape.com.
Here's a handy .zip file filled with screenshots and other images featured here: Images.
Here's a handy .zip file filled with PST:EE save games: Save Games.
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Credits